FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Startup Showdown?
Startup Showdown is a unique opportunity for early-stage startups to present to well-known investors and innovators in the tech ecosystem as they look to take their company to the next level. All finalists will pitch to VC investors while at the same time building long-lasting connections in the innovation ecosystem.
Hosted monthly by Panoramic Ventures, this is the competition to be a part of, showcasing the next frontier of innovation and the most promising talent of the day.
Startup Showdown will broadcast from various ciites and is open to entrepreneurs everywhere.
When is Startup Showdown?
Startup Showdown is hosted both in-person as a fully hybrid event and virtual. Applications are always open for startups to apply to Startup Showdown. You will be prompted to select the date of the event you wish to apply to.
If you are selected to move on to the semifinalist round, you will be notified as to which event you have been selected for.
Where can I apply?
You can submit your application here.
Are there any application fees?
No. The application to Startup Showdown is free.
What do I need to do to apply?
As a reminder when you apply for Startup Showdown you’ll need the following information:
- A Pitch Deck, you can download our workbook template here
- The name(s) and details of your founders/co-founders
- Financial and legal entity information
- What problem are you solving and how are you uniquely solving it?
- Market information (sector, problem solution statements)
- Competitor details and overview
- Customer information (incl. number of customers)
When is the application deadline?
The applications deadlines are rolling for each event. You can access the full line up here.
What are the benefits to applying?
- All applications will be reviewed by the Panoramic Ventures investment team, giving your company exposure
- 25 semifinalists will be invited to Mentor Day, where they will work with unicorn founders, engineers, operators, and coaches to refine their pitch and improve their business
- The five finalists will pitch their business to a panel of VCs, gaining company awareness and attention and access to investors
- The chance to receive a $120,000 investment from Panoramic Ventures, becoming one of their portfolio companies with access to their Founder Success Program
What is the selection process?
- Submit your application
- The investment team reviews all applications
- You are notified whether or not you advance to the semifinalist stage
- Semifinalists prepare their pitches for Showdown Mentor Day
- Five finalists pitch in front of a panel of judges
If I am not selected as a finalist, can I still attend in the event?
Yes! The event is free to attend, however we have limited tickets available.
What types of startups should apply?
We encourage pre-seed and seed stage companies to apply. In certain instances, “pre-revenue” companies may be selected to pitch if the company is building an advanced technology solution.
All software and tech-enabled service businesses are encouraged to apply. Eligible startups have a product/service that’s live or in beta form and has measurable performance indicators such as revenue, customers, successful beta results, etc.
What types of tax-structure does my company need to have to be eligible? (C-Corp vs. B-Corp vs. S-Corp vs. LLC)
Because we will make our investment through our Panoramic Ventures Fund 5, LP (“Fund 5”), we do not accept any applicants that are taxed as S-corporations. If your company is a C-Corp, LLC, or B-Corp you are eligible to apply.
Is my startup eligible to apply if it has raised money already?
You are encouraged to apply. However, if you have already raised capital at a pre-money valuation (or note valuation cap) that is higher than $15M, you are not eligible to apply for the pitch competition.
If that is the case, our team would love to learn more about what you are building. Please visit our website at www.panoramic.vc/contact to connect with our team.
What are the terms of the investment?
We invest $120,000 in exchange for 7% of your company. You can read the Startup Showdown Terms and Conditions here.
When will semifinalists be notified?
If you are selected as a semifinalist, you will be notified by the end of October 2022.
When will finalists be notified?
Early November 2022.
Can I become a mentor for Startup Showdown?
Applications are open on a rolling basis for our mentor program.
Apply to be a mentor now.